Scholarships and Applications
Dudley and Marion Bolyard Scholarship for students at the University of Colorado, Boulder
2021 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $4,000
A $4000 award will be presented to a CU graduate student in 2021 and will reward excellence and scientific achievement in geologic studies. Applicants conducting research in geology, geophysics, or any other earth science-related subdisciplines, as noted in the introduction, are encouraged to apply. The scholarship is made available by the Bolyards who are longtime supporters of the CU Geology Department (where Dudley received his MS in Geology). Dudley served in major leadership positions with the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG) and with the RMAG Foundation. He is revered for his passionate success in all of his geologic endeavors.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select a recipient for the scholarship:
- Relevance of the student’s research to the specifications listed for this award
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Scholarships must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less) with financial support and needs listed to complete the research
- A resume with GPA information
- A schedule for completing stages in and completion of the research
- Recommendation letter from the appropriate faculty advisor
A review panel will evaluate proposals submitted, and Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application deadline is January 15, 2021
At the time of this posting, it appears unlikely that the 2021 awards ceremony, always held in Denver in April, will be a live event. The Foundation Trustees will notify the recipients of the scholarships as to the manner in which they will be recognized.