Scholarships and Applications
Dudley and Marion Bolyard- University of Colorado Scholarship
2019 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $4,000
The Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists Foundation in 2019 will grant an award of as much as $4,000 to a graduate student in the Department of Geological Sciences, University of Colorado, Boulder. The purpose of the award is to support geologic studies and to reward excellence in geologic achievement. Although the Foundation has given the award for years, during recent years it has been underwritten through generous contributions from Dudley and Marion Bolyard, long-time supporters of the Department and the RMAG Foundation.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select one recipient from the University of Colorado:
- Relevance of the student’s original research in geology
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
An application for the RMAG Foundation Bolyard—University of Colorado Scholarship must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less) supplemented with figures and maps as needed, financial support and needs listed, and with a timetable for completion of the research
- A resume with GPA and GRE information
- A schedule for completing stages in and completion of the research
- Recommendation letter from the appropriate faculty advisor
A review panel will evaluate the proposals, and Trustees of the Foundation will make the award
Application deadline is January 15, 2019
This application is closed. Thank you to all who applied.
The recipient, with one other person selected by the recipient, will be guests of the Foundation at a monthly luncheon meeting of the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologist in the spring of 2019. A short presentation will be made to the recipient during the meeting. The RMAG Foundation is unable to pay for transportation or accommodation costs for awardees to attend the luncheon.