Scholarships and Applications
Dudley and Marion Bolyard Scholarship
2022 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $5,000
A $5000 award will be given to a graduate student in geology (or a closely related geoscience field) at any university or college selected by the RMAG Foundation. It may also be given to a rising senior at any four-year university or college that offers a degree in geology except for the Colorado School of Mines and Colorado College which are dedicated recipients of other RMAG Foundation scholarships. This scholarship will reward excellence and scientific achievement in geologic studies. Applicants conducting research in geology, geophysics, or any other earth science-related subdisciplines, as noted in the introduction, are encouraged to apply. The scholarship is made available by the Bolyards who longtime supporters of the RMAG Foundation and the geologic community. Dudley served in major leadership positions with the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG) and with the RMAG Foundation. He is revered for his passionate success in all his geologic endeavors.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select a recipient for the scholarship:
- Relevance of the student’s research to the specifications listed for this award
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Scholarships must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less) with financial support and needs listed to complete the research
- A resume with GPA information
- A schedule for completing stages in and completion of the research
- Recommendation letter from the appropriate faculty advisor
A review panel will evaluate proposals submitted, and Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application is closed. Thanks to all who applied.