Excellence in Teaching Earth Science (Teacher of the Year Award)
In 2000, the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG) Foundation instituted a joint award with the RMAG to honor an elementary or secondary school teacher who has promoted teaching of Earth Science to K-12 students in Colorado. The winner receives a commemorative plaque and a $2000 cash award provided by the RMAG Foundation. The RMAG Foundation also awards the winner’s school with $2000 designated for its Earth Science program.
The applicant must have a proven record in teaching at an accredited K-12 school. The application package includes four required items:
- Completion of the application form including dated signatures from applicant and school administrator
- A summary of the course curriculum including:
- Earth Science Teaching Philosophy
- Description of your Earth Science course
- How you and your school will use the award
- One letter of recommendation from a school administrator.
- One letter of recommendation from a colleague or parent of a student in your class.
The application deadline is Monday, June 7, 2022. The winner will be announced on or before June 22, 2022. The awardee will be honored at the August 3, 2022 RMAG luncheon, which may be held virtually. Academic Year 2022 (Fall 2021 – Spring 2022)
For questions, please contact Donna Anderson at email@example.com.
Application for the RMAG Foundation Excellence in the Teaching of Earth Sciences
(Teacher of the Year)
Application is closed. Thanks to those who applied.