Excellence in Teaching Earth Science (Teacher of the Year Award)
In 2000, the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG) Foundation instituted a joint award with the RMAG to honor an elementary or secondary school teacher who has promoted teaching of Earth Science to K‐12 students in Colorado. The winner receives a commemorative plaque and a $2000 cash award provided by the RMAG Foundation. The RMAG Foundation also awards the winner’s school with $2000 designated for its Earth Science program.
The applicant must have a proven record in teaching at an accredited K‐12 school. The application package includes four required items:
- Completion of the application form including dated signatures from applicant and school administrator
- A summary of the course curriculum including:
- Earth Science Teaching Philosophy
- Description of your Earth Science course
- How you and your school will use the award
- One letter of recommendation from a school administrator.
- One letter of recommendation from a colleague or parent of a student in your class.
Applications open on April 4, 2022
The application deadline is June 13, 2022. The winner will be announced on June 24, 2022. The awardee will be honored at an RMAG luncheon either in person or virtually later in the year.
Academic Year 2022 (Fall 2021 – Spring 2022)
For questions, please contact Donna Anderson at email@example.com.
Application for the RMAG Foundation Excellence in the Teaching of Earth Sciences
(Teacher of the Year)
Academic Year 2021
(Fall 2021-Spring 2022)
Application is now closed. Thanks to al who applied.