Scholarships and Applications
Colorado School of Mines Memorial Scholarship
2019 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $3,000
In 2019, the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists Foundation will grant one award for the amount of $3,000, to a graduate student at the Colorado School of Mines. The Purpose of the award is to support geologic studies in the Rocky Mountains and to reward excellence in geologic achievement. The scholarship has been underwritten by John and Erica Lockridge, strong supporters of the Colorado School of Mines.
The following criteria will be used to select a recipient:
- Relevance of the student’s research in Rocky Mountain geology
- Economic need
- Academic achievements
- Faculty references or contacts
An application for the RMAG Foundation Colorado School of Mines Memorial Scholarship must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less) supplemented with figures and maps as needed, financial support and needs listed, and with a timetable for completion of the research
- A resume with GPA and GRE information
- A schedule for completing stages in and completion of the research
- Recommendation letter from the appropriate faculty advisor
Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application deadline is January 15, 2019
This application is closed. Thank you to all who applied.
The recipient, with one other person selected by the recipient, will be guests of the Foundation at a monthly luncheon meeting of the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologist in the spring of 2019. A short presentation will be made to the recipient during the meeting. The RMAG Foundation is unable to pay for transportation or accommodation costs for awardees to attend the luncheon.