Scholarships and Applications
Colorado School of Mines Memorial Scholarship
2021 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $3,500
$3500 will be awarded to a CSM graduate student in 2021 in support of excellence in geoscience research. Applicants focusing on geology, geophysics, or any other earth science-related sub-disciplines, as noted in the introduction, are encouraged to apply. This scholarship was initiated by John Lockridge, a prominent petroleum geologist and geologic community leader in Denver, and is supported in his memory by his wife, Erika, friends, and colleagues.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select a recipient for the scholarship:
- Relevance of the student’s research to geology or related sub-disciplines
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Veterans Memorial Scholarships must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less), supplemented by figures or maps if needed, as well as by financial support and needs listed
- A resume with GPA information
- A schedule for completing the research proposed
- Recommendation letter from appropriate faculty advisor
- Certificate of the applicant’s military service branch, dates of service, and role
The Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application deadline is January 15, 2021
At the time of this posting, it appears unlikely that the 2021 awards ceremony, always held in Denver in April, will be a live event. The Foundation Trustees will notify the recipients of the scholarships as to the manner in which they will be recognized.