Scholarships and Applications
Gary Babcock Memorial Scholarship
2021 AWARD YEAR
Two Scholarships for $2,500
Two $2500 awards will be given this year to graduate students in support excellence in geologic achievement. This scholarship has few restrictions; in addition to graduate research in either geology or geophysics, the Foundation welcomes applications in other earth science-related sub-disciplines listed in the introduction. The scholarship was created in 2007 in memory of Gary Babcock who is remembered not only for his excellent work in petroleum exploration and development, but for his positive influence on others in the geologic community.
Application forms are available under the download button associated with this description, and upon completion can be uploaded to this website.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select a recipient for the scholarship:
- Relevance of the student’s research to the specifications listed for this award
- Academic achievements
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Scholarships must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less) with financial support and needs listed to complete the research
- A resume with GPA information
- A schedule for completing stages in and completion of the research
- Recommendation letter from the appropriate faculty advisor
A review panel will evaluate proposals submitted, and Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application is closed. Thanks to all who applied.
At the time of this posting, it appears unlikely that the 2021 awards ceremony, always held in Denver in April, will be a live event. The Foundation Trustees will notify the recipients of the scholarships as to the manner in which they will be recognized.