Scholarships and Applications
Michael S. Johnson Scholarship for students doing research in CO, ND, MT, WY, NE and UT.
2021 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $3,000
$3000 will be awarded in 2021 to a graduate student in any accredited college or university who is pursuing petroleum-related research in one of the above-listed states. This scholarship was established by a generous gift to the RMAG Foundation from Michael Johnson, a well-known and highly successful petroleum geologist in the Denver area who has been active professionally throughout his long career in the Rocky Mountains and in international plays.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select a recipient for the scholarship:
- Relevance of the student’s research to the specifications listed for this award
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Scholarships must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less) with financial support and needs listed to complete the research
- A resume with GPA information
- A schedule for completing stages in and completion of the research
- Recommendation letter from the appropriate faculty advisor
A review panel will evaluate proposals submitted, and Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application deadline is January 15, 2021
At the time of this posting, it appears unlikely that the 2021 awards ceremony, always held in Denver in April, will be a live event. The Foundation Trustees will notify the recipients of the scholarships as to the manner in which they will be recognized.