Scholarships and Applications
Stone-Hollberg Scholarship for structural geology research
2021 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $2,000
$2000 will be given in 2021 to a graduate student in any accredited college or university who is conducting structural geology or geophysics research in the Rocky Mountain region. This award, which recognizes excellence in research achievement, was established with generous contributions by Donald Stone and John Hollberg, two Rocky Mountain structural geologists. Don Stone is recognized for his detailed structural cross section restorations and has donated a lifetime of career files to the Denver Earth Science Library which are available to the public.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select a recipient for the scholarship:
- Relevance of the student’s research to the specifications listed for this award
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Scholarships must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less) with financial support and needs listed to complete the research
- A resume with GPA information
- A schedule for completing stages in and completion of the research
- Recommendation letter from the appropriate faculty advisor
A review panel will evaluate proposals submitted, and Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application is closed. Thanks to all who applied.
At the time of this posting, it appears unlikely that the 2021 awards ceremony, always held in Denver in April, will be a live event. The Foundation Trustees will notify the recipients of the scholarships as to the manner in which they will be recognized.