Scholarships and Applications
2019 AWARD YEAR
One Scholarship for $2,000
The Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists Foundation in 2019 will grant an award for $2,000 to a graduate student in a Front Range educational institution. The purpose of an award is to support geologic studies specifically on a topic in structural geology in the Rocky Mountain region, and to reward excellence in geologic achievement. The scholarship was founded on generous contributions by Donald Stone and John Hollberg, two Rocky Mountain structural geologists.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select a recipient:
- Relevance of the student’s research to Rocky Mountain structural geology
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Graduate Student Award must be submitted electronically and must include:
- Thesis proposal (two pages or less) with financial support and needs listed
- A resume with GPA and GRE information
- A schedule for completing stages in, and completion of, the research
- Recommendation letter from appropriate faculty advisor
Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.
Application deadline is January 15, 2019
This application is closed. Thank you to all who applied.
The recipient and one other person selected by the recipient, will be guests of the Foundation at a monthly luncheon meeting of the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists during the spring of 2019. A short presentation will be made to the recipient during the meeting. The RMAG Foundation is unable to pay for transportation or accommodation costs to attend the luncheon meeting