Scholarships and Applications
Veterans’ Memorial Scholarship for any veteran or current member of any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces
2022 AWARD YEAR
One Award for $6,000
In 2022, $6,000 will be awarded to a graduate student in any accredited college or university who is a veteran or is currently serving in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. This scholarship seeks to reward excellent in geologic achievement and has few restrictions; in addition to graduate research in either geology or geophysics, the Foundation welcomes applications in other earth science-related sub-disciplines listed in the introduction. This award was created in memory of service personnel who have sacrificed time and life to preserve freedom in our county. It has been supported primarily by World War II veterans who are member of RMAG and their families.
The following criteria will be used by the RMAG Foundation to select recipients:
- Relevance of the student’s research to geology or related subdisciplines
- Academic achievements
- Economic need
- Faculty references or contacts
Applications for the RMAG Foundation Veterans Memorial Scholarships must be submitted electronically and must include:
- A thesis proposal (two pages or less), supplemented by figures or maps if needed, as well as by financial support and needs listed
- A resume with GPA information
- A schedule for completing the research proposed
- Recommendation letter from appropriate faculty advisor
- Certificate of the applicant’s military service branch, dates of service, and role
Complete applications are due by January 14, 2022 and must be submitted electronically to the rmagfoundation.org. Faculty recommendations can be emailed separately by January 14, 2022 to email@example.com.
A review panel will evaluate proposals submitted, and Trustees of the Foundation will make the final selection.